This salad celebrates the freshness of baby marrow and cucumbers. I just love this salad with “braaied” (BBQ) meat. It adds just the right amount of freshness and acidity to break the rich meat from the flames. Again, it is quite a simple recipe, but as always my motto is “Simple-is-best”.
Baby Marrow (Zucchini) and Cucumber Salad
- Prep Time
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 cup diced (1/2 cm cubes) Baby Marrow (zucchini)
- 1 cup diced (1/2 cm cubes) Cucumber
- 1 1/4 cups diced(1/2 cm cubes) Tomatoes
- 1 medium onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped very finely
- 1 tsp chopped fresh mint
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 4 cups loosely packed roughly chopped Italian Parsley
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients except the parsley to a large mixing bowl and toss together very well. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Add the parsley and mix well. Serve immediately.
I have been a foodie all my life. As far back as I can remember, food seems to have played a role in my life. However, for some ...Read more about this chef..