As I stated in on day #015 (Easy grilled/ BBQ’s Sirloin Steak), I like my steak fairly plain, but if I am going to have a sauce then this Madagascar or Green Pepper Sauce is it. Bursting with flavour, it goes well with steak and mashed potatoes.
Madagascar (Green pepper) Sauce
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tbsp Ketchup
- 1 Tbsp English Mustard
- 3 Tbsp pickled Green Peppercorns
- 100ml Cognac or Dry Sherry
- 250ml Double Cream
- In a small saucepan melt the butter over a medium heat on the stove-top.
- Add the peppercorns, tomato sauce and mustard, and fry for 3 minutes, stirring continuously, until it starts bubbling.
- Add the Cognac/ Sherry and flambé (to flambé remove the saucepan from the heat. Carefully and using long matches or a BBQ lighter, light the alcohol - PLEASE BE CAREFUL - it will flame vigorously - but do not worry, it will die after a minute or so as soon as the alcohol burns off).
- When the flame has died return to the stovetop and add the cream. Bring it to the simmer and stir until the sauce thickens.
- Pour generously over your steak - it also goes well with Dover Sole.
I have been a foodie all my life. As far back as I can remember, food seems to have played a role in my life. However, for some ...Read more about this chef..