Short crust pastry is used as a pastry crust for many tarts. This is a really easy, and exceptionally tasty crust. It’s great because you can make it in advance and freeze it for up to 6 months!
Short Crust Pastry/ Pâté Sucrée
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 tart
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 250g Butter
- 200g Icing Sugar
- Pinch of Salt
- 500g all purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 4 Egg yolks
- 2-4 Tbsp cold milk
- Turn on the oven to 180˚C.
- Mix (cream) together the butter, icing sugar and salt to form a smooth creamy paste.
- Rub in the flour, vanilla seeds, lemon zest and egg yolks and bring together until it looks like course bread crumbs.
- Add the milk and roll into a sausage shape (2-3cm in diameter) with minimum amount of movement.
- Wrap in plastic cling film and chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour. You can freeze for up to 6 months.
- When you are ready to use, slice the "sausage" into 3mm disks and place around your tart mould. Push together, and up the sides of the mould.
- Before you place it in the oven, use a fork to prick holes on the bottom of the tart. Blind bake in the oven for 12 minutes (Blind bake means you bake it in the oven without any filling).
I have been a foodie all my life. As far back as I can remember, food seems to have played a role in my life. However, for some ...Read more about this chef..