This is a brilliant, quick & fresh meal. Great for a lunch in the summer, or a quick, slap together dinner. We often do this after a long day, where we do no have much time (or energy) to make something more complicated.
Spaghetti with Broccoli, garlic & pine nuts
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- Spaghetti for 4 - Check cooking spaghetti perfectly
- 1 medium head of Broccoli (florets cut into bite sized pieces)
- 2 medium cloves of garlic, sliced very thinly
- 2 Tbsp Pine Nuts
- 100g Butter
- 2 Tbsp Rice Oil
- 1/2 cup chopped Parsley (flat leaf/ Italian)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Parmigiano to taste
- Prepare the pasta according to my Cooking spaghetti perfectly recipe.
- Bring a sauce pan (large enough to take all the ingredients) to a medium heat on the stove.
- When the pan is hot, add the pine nuts and toast until they brown slightly. Remove pine nuts and set aside.
- Add the butter and oil to the pan. Once the butter has melted add the garlic and cook for about 1-2 minutes - do not let the garlic burn as it will become bitter. Remove the garlic and set aside, leaving as much of the butter and oil in the pan.
- Add the broccoli florets and cook them over the medium heat until they are al dente (cooked but still firm!)
- Once cooked, add the pine nuts, garlic and spaghetti to the pan and toss through.
- Serve with a sprinkle of parmigiano.
I have been a foodie all my life. As far back as I can remember, food seems to have played a role in my life. However, for some ...Read more about this chef..