This is another dish that takes me back to my youth – and with it pay tribute to my mum. I think she used to make this salad at least twice a week, no matter what meal we were having! I have made some tweaks to it, and because of the addition of feta I call it my “Greek Salad”, however, I do not claim it to be anything like the original.
Summer Salad – My “Greek” Salad
- Prep Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 Cup Watercress or Rocket
- 2 medium Salad Tomatoes (Roma or the like), quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 small Cucumber, halved lengthways and sliced thinly
- 1/2 medium Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Danish Feta (creamy feta)
- 1/2 cup of your favourite Olives
- 1 ripe Avocado, halved lengthways and thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tsp dried Oregano
- Add the watercress (or rocket), tomato, cucumber, onion, olives, oregano and feta into a salad bowl. Drizzle with the olive oil and vinegar and add salt and pepper to taste. Toss the salad well.
- Garnish the salad with the sliced avocado and serve.
I have been a foodie all my life. As far back as I can remember, food seems to have played a role in my life. However, for some ...Read more about this chef..